Version numbers: The version numbers used in headers on this page refers to the version of this very documentation, not to a version of any APIs described by it.
- Added a new card error code and restructured the tables.
- Fleshed out the Unscheduled Purchase section.
- Fleshed out the Recur section.
- Moved the callback section to core features.
- Typos and minor bug fixes in code examples and tables.
- Typos and minor bug fixes in code examples and tables.
- Re-wrote Payer Aware Payment Menu
OnAbortedSeamless View event
- Elaborated user agent fields in requests.
- Added links to resource models in Checkout v3 response tables
- Added descriptive card icons
- Added Payer Aware Payment Menu
- Added new screenshots for Checkout v3 implementations
- Rewrote instrument mode section
- Reorganized features in the sidebar
- Fixed internal links
It’s been a minute, but the day is finally here. We can proudly present Checkout version 3.0! The same range of payment instruments, checkin options and features as always, but since different merchants have different needs, we’ve made it easier for you to get the checkout experience which fits you best. So, what’s new?
- Four Checkout implementations tailor-made for different needs and wishes: Starter, Business, Enterprise or Payments Only. We’ve summed them up to help you find the right fit and get started.
- Each implementation starts off with a guide to set up your test account quickly.
- Want to see the new implementations in action? Head over to the demoshop.
- We’ve put the sequence diagrams in a separate section.
- The Seamless View events have been re-worked to make the integration smoother for you.
- Renamed and gathered the Post Purchase options on one page. The rest of the features are still where they used to be.
- We’ve given the front page a touch up, and given the new sections a slightly different look to distinguish them.
- Already up on Checkout version 2.0? No worries. All the documentation is still available in the sidebar and here.
- Updated Android SDK documentation
- Added info about consumerProfileRef expiration
- Added important information about WebView integrations for mobile card payments
- Updated iOS SDK documentation
- Added information about authorization timeouts (bottom of page)
- Added important info about MobilePay shoplogoUrl
- Fixed minor bugs and code examples
- Added payment link for Payment Menu
- Renamed Merchant Authenticated Consumer section (previously Delegated Strong Authenticated Consumer)
- Updated Unscheduled Merchant Initiated Transaction
- Fixed typos, minor bugs and code examples
- Added payment link option for Trustly
- Added information about invoice capture in Checkout v2 and Payment Menu
- Added MobilePay
shoplogoUrlin the Checkout v2 and Payment Menu items section
- Added Delete Token section in Card’s technical reference
- Fixed minor typos and bugs
- Restructured Features sections for all implementations into core features, optional features and technical reference
- Renamed Checkout to Checkout v2
- Added TRA exemption section
- Fixed a handful of typos and bugs
- Updated Theme version to 1.9.9
- Updated Design Guide Version to 5.0.1
- Updated theme with visual fixes
- Search icon is now clickable
- Various bug fixes
- Various corrections and typo fixes
- Re-worded split settlement
- Clarified that callback is a fail-safe
- Updated tables and code examples with payerReference in various places, like card purchase
- Updated Mobile SDK configurations for both iOS and Android to include integration with custom backends
- Updated GitHub references for Mobile SDK
- Re-wrote Prices section
- Various bug fixes
- Various corrections and typo fixes
- Corrected information about 3D-Secure
- Added paragraphs about different consumer flows in Checkin
- Added link to gift card on the front page
- Added section for MobilePay Seamless View
- Split MobilePay Capture to a separate page
- Code examples for digital products added in Checkin
Launched new developer portal theme:
- New design
- New menu structure
- Reading time
- Added GDPR disclaimer.
- Added custom 404 page.
- Added section about Transaction On File
- Added Seamless View for Trustly.
- Added documentation about payment and transaction states. See Card Other Features for example.
- Added event override warning for Seamless View Events, see Card Seamless View Events for example.
- Added section regarding MOTO in Card Other Features.
- Deleted Merchant Identified Payer in Checkout.
- Renamed Merchant Authenticated Consumer to Delegated Strong Customer Authentication.
end-usernaming for most sections.
- Updated expiry date for test cards in test data.
- Updated callback documentation.
- Updated regex pattern for
- Added documentation on deprecated operations in Checkout.
instrumentdescription in Checkout.
shoplogoUrlin MobilePay Online Payments.
- Updated Test data in Resources.
- Documented problems in Trustly Payments.
- Added an alert for two-phase payments in Capture pages.
- Added description on
metadatafor all payment instruments.
- Updated files in Settlement & Reconciliation.
- Added information on token deletion in Card Payments and Invoice Payments.
- Updated the documentation on
paymentRestrictedToSocialSecurityNumberin Swish Payments.
- Added documentation on guest checkout in Checkout.
- Updated information about
- Added a list of accepted banks in Trustly Payments.
- Updated the
UpdateOrderdescription in Checkout.
- Removed documentation for Trustly Payments Seamless View.
- Updated Other Features in Trustly Payments.
- Updated Test Data for Vipps Payments.
- Added updated documentation on the
- Added documentation on Mobile SDK in Modules & SDKs section.
- Added tables for mapping API fields to settlement files in Settlement and Reconciliation.
- Corrected the documentation by removing
- Added information on 3-D Secure 2 for Checkout and Card Payments.
- Updated reconciliation files in Settlement & Reconciliation.
- Added test card for Forbrugsforeningen in Test data.
abortedacross all resources.
- Added additional information on
paymentorderresource in Checkout.
- Corrected and updated
view-operations for all resources.
- Updated Seamless View Events for all resources.
externalNonPaymentTokenin Card Payments.
- Small corrections to Swish Payments documentation.
- Clarified the
- Added additional information on the settlement files in Settlement & Reconciliation for all Payments.
- Corrected Card Payments Redirect and Card Payments Seamless View sequence diagrams.
- Added Abort in Swish Payments.
- Added a new Trustly Payments section.
- Added information about Storing URLs in the Technical Information section.
- Updated Swish Redirect requests.
orderReferenceinformation in Payment Order Callback in Checkout Other features.
- Added a new Gift Cards section with descriptions of our Gift Cards API.
- Added a new section Co-badge Card Choice for Dankort in Card Payments.
- Corrected table in payments page.
- Corrected sequence diagrams in Swish Payments and Vipps Payments.
descriptionfield is now more thoroughly described for all requests it’s present in.
languagefield is now better described for all requests it’s present in.
- All broken links should now be unbroken.
- Added a new section SDKs and Modules in Resources.
- Corrected problem
typeURLs for Card Payments, Checkout and Swish Payments.
- Required checkmarks have a new, fresh look: check
- Flags now also sport a new look:
- Bug fixes to Mermaid diagram and alert styling, plus improvements to code block styling after the update to Swedbank Pay Design Guide 4.5.0.
- Added examples with screenshots of the effects of Delegated Strong Customer Authentication.
- Added a more thorough description on
completeUrlin all relevant payments.
orderItemsto be required in all requests and responses.
- Clean up of Swish Payments
pageStripDownin Vipps Redirect.
- Updated Card Payments Direct to have a correct integration flow.
- Updated the main page to be more welcoming.
- Updated information on Delegated Strong Customer Authentication.
- Documented allowed characters in
receiptReferencein Invoice Payments and Payment Order in capture and reversal.
- Callback is now moved to Other features in all payments instruments.
- Clean up of MobilePay.
- Corrected the address of Leia Ahlström in Test Data.
- Updated the documentation in Card Payments
to recommend using
payeeReferenceto have an unique description for Payment Order and every Payment Instrument.
- Updated Invoice Payments Direct where
approvedLegalAddressshould now be use for all countries.
- Small text changes and clarifications.
- Restructured Invoice Payments and Card Payments.
This change contains build updates for the page.
- Several links has been corrected. The chance of 404 is now much lower.
- Other small text changes and clarifications.
- New page! Technical reference into has been moved from the front page to technical information.
- Front page got a slimmer look.
- Abort reference is back in credit card reference.
- Swish error code reference got a face lift, check it out here .
- Expanded information about the field
- Added information about the field
- Added information about direct integration in Credit card.
- Added and fixed several missing headings in template files.
- Expanded information about
- Created new page for Checkout Capture.
- Mobile Pay Online was previously only referred to as Mobile Pay, this has been corrected.
- Removed several duplicate headers in features pages.
- Added unscheduled purchase information in card payments.
- We have added card logos when selecting card in payment menu. See updated screenshot of payment menu.
All sections have been released.
- README is updated with info about includes.
- Added several includes.
- Updated payeeReference description in Checkout and Invoice section.
- Using snake case consistently.
- Added section for unscheduled purchase in Card section.
- Added info about mobile verification in Swish Other Features.
- Added section about Authenticated Merchants in Checkout section.
- Cleanup in
swishobject in Swish Redirect.
socialSecurityNumberadded to the new
payerInfoobject in Swish Seamless View. Properties added in
- Added section about migration key in Resources section.
restrictedToInstrumentsadded back to Payment Order purchase requests.
Direct Debitsection and mentions in various includes removed.
- Various improvements and fixes.
homePhoneNumberadded to the
payerobject in Payment Order requests.
cardholderadded to Card Payments Purchase requests.
- Various improvements and fixes.
- Credit Payments (née “Credit Account”) sections have been deleted from the Swedbank Pay Developer Portal.
- The Swish Payments and Vipps Payments have received a few updates and are now ready for another round of review.
- MobilePay Online Payments is now ready for review.
paymentAgeLimitis now added in Swish Payments.
- The Terminology page is updated and 3-D Secure 2.0 (3DS2) , PSD2 and SCA explanations are added.
- Added descriptions for Payment States And Transaction States everywhere appropriate.
- Google Analytics has been added to Developer Portal.
- The review of Invoice Payments is complete and as such the section is now released and ready for use.
- The Card Payments section has received an overhaul, inching it closer to release.
- The Swish Payments and Vipps Payments sections are ready for review.
- The Direct Debit, MobilePay Online Payments and Credit Payments (née “Credit Account”) sections have received a few updates, inching them all closer to review.
- Updated Swish Redirect and Swish Direct sections in preparations for review and the transition from PayEx Developer Portal.
- Added Data Protection section.
- Payment Orders now support
orderItemsin all operations.
- Added Terminology page.
- Clarified what the
awaitingActivitystate means for different payment instruments.
- Removed erroneous
noCVCin examples for One-Click Card Payments section.
- Added description for the
onBillingDetailsAvailableevent in the Checkin Front End section.
We have added support for specifying language as input in checkin module,
language. Supported languages are Norwegian, Swedish and English. Consumers
outside Sweden and Norway can now purchase in our Checkout service. You can
specify supported countries for shipment in a new input parameter,
shippingAddressRestrictedToCountryCodes, in our checkin module.
Updated API specification can be found here.
shippingAddressRestrictedToCountryCodes have replaced the former
PayEx’ Commerce offerings are being rebranded to Swedbank Pay and as a result of that rebranding, PayEx Checkout is now known as Swedbank Pay Checkout and its documentation can be found on here.
We have added support for sending in international phone numbers in the request. Check our Swish documentation here. This is supported in API, and when payer’s enter their phone number on the payment page.
The input parameter
quantity in the
orderItems field is now updated to decimal.
You may send up to 4 decimals. See updated documentation
We have added the URL field called
paymentUrl for Card
Seamless View (previously added for Vipps and Checkout), that will be used
when the user is returned from 3rd party. The URL should represent the page in
where the payment Seamless View was hosted originally, such as the checkout page,
shopping cart page, or similar. Basically,
paymentUrl should be set to the
was added, in order to initiate the payment. Please note that the
that initiated the payment originally, so it should include some sort of state
identifier in the URL. The state identifier is the ID of the order, shopping
invoked after return of the payer, he or she will either be redirected to
completeUrl (event onPaymentCompleted) or if payment has failed, see an
error-message and get the option to retry the payment.
On Payment Orders,
vatSummary has been replaced with the more
versatile and powerful
itemDescriptions will continue
to work, it is recommended that all integrations switch over to
as soon as possible. When
orderItems is used,
itemDescriptions must be
removed from all requests as the two cannot be used simultaneously.
For our Seamless Views (currently Vipps or in
Checkout), we have added a new URL field called
paymentUrl that will be used when user is returned from 3rd party. The URL
should represent the page of where the payment seamless view was hosted
originally, such as the checkout page, shopping cart page, or similar.
paymentUrl should be set to the same URL as that of the page where
payment. Please note that the
paymentUrl must be able to invoke the same
the payment originally, so it should include some sort of state identifier in
the URL. The state identifier is the ID of the order, shopping cart or similar
invoked after return of the payer, he or she will either be redirected to the
completeUrl, or, if payment failed, see an error message and get the option
to retry the payment.
paymentUrl is not implemented, retry of payments will not be possible in
either individual payment instruments such as
or in Checkout.
It makes it more tedious to retry payment as the whole process including the
creation of the payment or payment order needs to be performed again. With
paymentUrl in place, the retry process becomes much more convenient for both the
integration and the payer.